Don’t wait around in a house you hate while you hope to get more cash to pay someone else to fix it in the future–you can start to renovate your spot now ! There are lots of simple, cost efficient ways to upgrade your abode that won’t cost an arm and a leg and require outside work. Let’s take a look at a few of these simple fixes !
- A little paint goes a long way. A light, neutral color goes well in almost any space, though it’s fun to spice things up with bright, rich colors as well. Whatever your style, a fresh coat of paint will definitely have you hating the space less.
- Don’t hate; decorate! If you have some scuffs and chips from previous owners (or maybe, whomp whomp you did a little scuffing yourself), you can feel more comfortable in the space by putting up paintings, artwork, a string of lights, or even a tapestry. Make the space your own with decorations and already you will have made an improvement.
- Is there dirty old carpet on the floor? Pull it up! It will take and effort, but it will be a free way to get rid of old and make way for the new. Maybe the floor underneath isn’t in the best shape–if that is the case, you can buff it if it is hardwood, or go buy your own rug that you can put down to cover the flaws.
- Put up new curtains and and add flowers and plants in the lonely corners! Customize everything with items that serve a double purpose, being aesthetically pleasing and also, for instance in the case of curtains, create privacy and maintain warmth. Plants help you breathe easier by using up carbon dioxide. Other ideas of custom details that serve a purpose would be: a new door knob and hardware, a better showerhead, new fixtures and cabinet hardware in the kitchen, and even patio furniture.
- Turn on some music and go on a cleaning spree! Scrub every corner, getting rid of the old cobwebs and dust bunnies to allow for light, air, and all things new. You will feel that you can breathe easier and enjoy the space more. Once you’re done cleaning, treat yourself to some m&ms and relax.